My MASTER PIECE

Well I am senior at Ernest Righetti High School. This is my last year of being forced to do something that I am not interested. After this I will be able to do whatever I want and enjoy. Which is to attend cosmetology at Paul Mitchel. At first that wasn't even on my mind. As a kid many of us would say a pro this or that. Which is awesome if you want to still do it and are very talented if you make it and I hope who ever wants this accomplishes it. I have changed my mind so many times as i was growing up like; a chef, a baker, a police officer, a doctor, a clinic forensic psychologist. Something that makes a lot of money. But later on in my life I received amazing advice from my father. Which was "Do something that makes you happy. Not that makes a lot of money." Which I sat there to take it in and I realized he was right. He continued and asked me, "Would you rather do something you love and enjoy and doesn't even feel like you're getting paid. Or would you want to dread to go to work and be miserable?" Well that was an obvious answer UMM be happy! Duh! What I came up with was doing hair which I love doing and I do it everyday anyways. Well that is part of my master piece and a part of me.

Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Nun's Priest Tales

 The way i took in this tale was an old widow and her children owned a rooster and hens. The rooster was trying to tell his main hen that dreams can come true. She did not believe him, until one day it actually happened.
1.5 EXAMPLES OF INDIRECT CHARACTERIZATION:
-Thereby forsaking willfully the tide,
God knows I'm sorry and I say "Good  day."'
And so he took his leave and went his way.
-This Chanticleer stood high upon his toes;
Stretching his neck, he let his two eyes close
And loudly he began to crow.
-Apace
The fox Sir Russell sprang out from his place
And by the throat grabbed Chanticleer.
-(So filled with torment and with indignation,
The queen jumped willfully into the fire
And burnt to death, as death was he desire.)
-"O Chanticleer, alas!
Against you I am guilty of trespass.
To grab you in the yard and bring you out.
But, sir, I did it with no ill intent.
Come down, and I will tell you what I meant--
The truth, so help me God! You have my oath."
*These quotes from the tale show indirect characterization because they the process by which the personality of a fictious character is revealed through the character's speech, actions appearance.
2. I think Chaucer's purpose of writing this character's tale was to give a voice for the voiceless.
"Take seriously the moral, gentlemen.
For all that has been written, says Saint Paul,
Is written so that we might learn it all."
I picked that quote sense it helps me support why i think he is trying to speak up.


VOCAB:
I looked up some words that i did not understand here they are to help you out.
YORE: of long ago or former time
DALE:a valley
SOOTY: covered with
SCANTY:small
PUNGENT: having a strong taste or smell
MORSEL:small amount of food
QUALM: worry or fear
GOUT:disease
APOPLEXY: unconsciousness or stroke
PALING:wooden fence
REALM: kingdom
AZURE:bright blue
LEISURE: free time
PARAMOUR:a lover
PLUME:a soft feather
SOW:seed
DAMSEL:a young unmarried women
FELICITY:intense happiness
BEFELL:of something bad happen to someone
PERCH: branch
AGHAST:shocked
AILING:poor health
ALAS:pitty or concern
FIE: outraged
HAUGHTY: arrogant superior
ABUNDANT: large quanties
BILE: anger or aid fluid
WOE: great sorrow or distress
PERIL:immediate danger
CHOLER: anger
HIE:go quickly
TARRY:of, like, or covered with tar/
APOTHECARY : a person who sells medicine and drugs
CHOLERIC:bad tempered
ASCENT:a climb to a hill or mountain
FOURPENCE: coin that equals to four pennies
TERTIAN: Malaria
AGUE:illness that causes a fever
BANE: annoyance
LAUREL:shrubs
FUMITORY:plants
CENTAURY:plants
LORE:stories
CONGREGATED:gather into a crowd
OVERWROUGHT:anxiety
SLAIN:past participle of slay.
DUNG: exctrement of animals; manure
PITEOUS: arousing pity
LOATHSOME:causing hatred
ABOMINABLE: causing moral revulsion
ABIDE:accepted
DECREED: order
JAPES:jokes
BADE:past of bid
AVAIL: use
MIRTH:amusement
TRODDEN:past of tread
SOLACE: comfort
INDITE: write
INIQUITOUS: unfair
DISCRETION: caution
SHIRE:a county in England
BENEFICE:apermenate church appointment
SUBTLETY:state of being subtle
RAVISHED: seized
BORE: puncture
ESCHEWED: avoid using
LAMENTATION:weeping
SLEW:turn violently
PLIGHT: dangerous situation
CONFLAGRATION: extensive fire
STAVES: vertical wooden post
FLEMING: anative of flanders
CHURLS: impolite and mean spirited person
PESTILENCE: fatal disease
INVEIGLE:persuaded by flattery
FRIVOLITY:lack of seriousness


No comments:

Post a Comment