My MASTER PIECE

Well I am senior at Ernest Righetti High School. This is my last year of being forced to do something that I am not interested. After this I will be able to do whatever I want and enjoy. Which is to attend cosmetology at Paul Mitchel. At first that wasn't even on my mind. As a kid many of us would say a pro this or that. Which is awesome if you want to still do it and are very talented if you make it and I hope who ever wants this accomplishes it. I have changed my mind so many times as i was growing up like; a chef, a baker, a police officer, a doctor, a clinic forensic psychologist. Something that makes a lot of money. But later on in my life I received amazing advice from my father. Which was "Do something that makes you happy. Not that makes a lot of money." Which I sat there to take it in and I realized he was right. He continued and asked me, "Would you rather do something you love and enjoy and doesn't even feel like you're getting paid. Or would you want to dread to go to work and be miserable?" Well that was an obvious answer UMM be happy! Duh! What I came up with was doing hair which I love doing and I do it everyday anyways. Well that is part of my master piece and a part of me.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

#1 Lit Analysis "Before I Fall'

1. My first Literature Analysis book was, "Before I Fall" by Lauren Oliver. This book is basically about a girl named Sammy who she and her friends are the most popular girls in their school. Which meant they weren't always nice to others. They go to a party where they were drinking and driving. But when Sammy wakes up supposedly the next day. She finds out that she had to relive the same day over and over again until she does the right thing.
2.The theme of this novel is that don't take life for granted and make that right choices because you never know what is going to happen.
3.IRRITATED pg 31
After class Kent catches up with me.
"So?" he says. "What did you think?" "Of what?" I say to irritate him.
JOYFUL pg 56
We listened to Dr. Dre and Tupac, and then we blast, "Baby got back" and all sing along.
FEELING SINCERE pg 66
Steve is steadying her with one arm to keep her on her feet, but having a conversation with Liz Hummer like Elody isn't even there, much less rubbing on him.
4.
EXTERNAL CONFLICT: character struggles against some outside forces.
(page 80)
Suddenly the car is flipping off the road and into the black mouth of the woods. This shows an external conflict because it is a problem that she goes through physically.
INTERNAL CONFLICT: takes place within a characters mind.
(page 83)
"Sammy! Mommy says you have to get up." "Its Saturday," I say, I have no idea how i got home last night. I have no idea what happened to Lindsay or Elody or Ally, and just thinking about it makes me sick. See this shows internal conflict because she thought it was the day after her accident but really she woke up and has to relive the same day.
PROTAGONIST: the main character in a work of literature.
(page 9)
"I'm coming!" I shouted back even though she can see me pushing out the front door, trying to put on my coat and wrestle my binder into my bag at the same time.
STATIC CHARACTER: one who does not change much in the coarse of a work.
(page 46)
"Ooo scandal," Lindsay says raising her eyebrows, although it's really only half scandal.
(page 109)
"This better not screw with my paint job," Lindsay says as a branch scrapes along the passenger door with the sound of a nail dragging against a chalk board. These statements from these pages show how Lindsay has not changed at all between those pages and the through the rest of the book. She is snobby and think she is better then everyone.
DYNAMIC CHARACTER: changes as a result of the story's events.
(page 10)
She looks me over once as she pulls out of my drive way "Nice skirt." "You too."
(page 184)
"Whoa," Lindsay says, when i slide into the car 15 minutes later. "Is there a job opening in the red-light district i don't know about?"
As you can see Sammy has changed through out the novel. Her attitude and the way she carries herself changes throughout the story.
MOTIVATION: any forces that drives or moves the character to behave in a particular way.
Sammy reliving the same day over and over again makes her want to a better person.
(page 382)
"I know we haven't always been nice to you or whatever. And i really feel bad about it- i do."
(page 80)
Suddenly the car is flipping off the road into the black mouth of the woods.
This event drives Sammy to change and make things right.
THEME: the truth about life revealed in a work of literature
(page 80)
Suddenly the car is flipping off the road into the black mouth of the woods.
The theme of this novel is don't take life for granted you never know when your life is going to end. Also make the right choices where when you look back and you don't regret anything.
SETTING:the time and place in which the events of a work of literature take place.
(page 33)
There is one new text from Lindsay, PARTY @ KENT McFREAKY'S 2NITE. IN?
This shows what part of the day the party takes place also who's house it is at.
POINT OF VIEW: the vantage point at which a story is told.
(page 32)
"I. . .I think i have the flu or something." I know i look like crap so it should be believable.
As you can tell from the text it is in the first person, by the author using "I".
RESOLUTION: when the character problem are solved and the story ends.
(page 369)
Besides the is the first day of my new beginning. From now on I'm  going to do things right. I'm going to be a different person a good person.

1. DIRECT CHARACTERIZATION: character is revealed by the use of descriptive adjectives, phrases or epithets.
(page 15)
"Nipply outside," when Lindsay says when Elody slides into the the car. As usual she's wearing a thin leather jacket, even though the weather reports said the high would be in the mid-twenties.
(page 93)
Everything is the same: Eileen Cho squealing over her rose in first period and Samara Phillips leaning over and crooning.
INDIRECT CHARACTERIZATION: the process by which the personality of a fictitious character is revealed through the character's speech, actions appearance etc.
(page 16)
She lost her virginity sophomore year and already had sex with two different guys.
(page 96)
"We should sue for copy right infringement can you imagine? Twenty bucks for every time somebody bites our style. We'd be rolling in it." She giggles.
2. Yes the author syntax's changes when she focuses on each character. When each character talks they their own style/personality.
3. The protagonist is a round or dynamic character. This is because she changes throughout the whole story.
4. I actually really enjoyed this book i didn't want to put it down. I was also up set that it ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment