My MASTER PIECE

Well I am senior at Ernest Righetti High School. This is my last year of being forced to do something that I am not interested. After this I will be able to do whatever I want and enjoy. Which is to attend cosmetology at Paul Mitchel. At first that wasn't even on my mind. As a kid many of us would say a pro this or that. Which is awesome if you want to still do it and are very talented if you make it and I hope who ever wants this accomplishes it. I have changed my mind so many times as i was growing up like; a chef, a baker, a police officer, a doctor, a clinic forensic psychologist. Something that makes a lot of money. But later on in my life I received amazing advice from my father. Which was "Do something that makes you happy. Not that makes a lot of money." Which I sat there to take it in and I realized he was right. He continued and asked me, "Would you rather do something you love and enjoy and doesn't even feel like you're getting paid. Or would you want to dread to go to work and be miserable?" Well that was an obvious answer UMM be happy! Duh! What I came up with was doing hair which I love doing and I do it everyday anyways. Well that is part of my master piece and a part of me.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Lit analysis

1. The novel, Pride and Prejudice is romanticism novel. It's about a family who has five daughter: Jane, Elizabeth, Mary, Kitty, and Lydia Bennet. At the time it was all about getting your daughters married. Mr. Bingley, his sister, and his friend Mr. Darcy came to their town. Both the men are very wealthy so of course the mother of the girls Mrs. Bennet wanted them to meet her daughters. In the novel the eldest Jane Bennet and Mr. Bingley fell in love but were separated by his friend. Mr. Darcy soon started to have feelings for the second eldest daughter Elizabeth who did not care for him due to him talking bad about her and when she found out about how he was the reason why Mr. Bingley left. Elizabeth went to go visit her best friend who had married Mr. Collins after she had turned him down and ran into Mr. Darcy. He told her how he felt and asked her to marry him, she turned him down and explained all the reason why she wouldn't. After he wrote her a letter of the truth and everything, she soon changed how she felt about Mr. Darcy. But one night Lady Catharine came to visit Elizabeth to see if the rumors were true about her being engaged to Mr. Darcy and insulted her and told her to promise to reject him if he did ask again. Ms. Elizabeth told her no and that she needed to leave. After Mr. Bingley asked Jane to marry him. Then Mr. Darcy visited Elizabeth to see if her feelings have changed sense his hasn't and asked her to marry him.
2.The theme of the novel is never give up on who or what you love. There will always be obstacles in life but don't ever let them get in your way of getting or fighting for what you love or what you believe in.
3. Tone
worried-  
You take delight in vexing me. You have no compassion on my poor nerves.
upset-
"Oh! no -- it is not for me to be driven away by Mr. Darcy.
If he wishes to avoid seeing me, he must go. We are not on friendly terms, and it always gives me pain to meet him, but I have no reason for avoiding him but what I might proclaim to all the world; a sense of very great ill-usage, and most painful regrets at his being what he is. His father, Miss Bennet, the late Mr. Darcy, was one of the best men that ever breathed, and the truest friend I ever had; and I can never be in company with this Mr. Darcy without being grieved to the soul by a thousand tender recollections. His behaviour to myself has been scandalous; but I verily believe I could forgive him any thing and every thing, rather than his disappointing the hopes and disgracing the memory of his father."
Boastful-
"Well, mamma," said she, when they were all returned to the breakfast room, "and what do you think of my husband? Is not he a charming man? I am sure my sisters must all envy me.
 
Part 2:
Indirect Characterization:
Example one: "I desire you will do no such thing. Lizzy is not a bit better than the others; and I am sure she is not half so handsome as Jane, nor half so good humoured as Lydia. But you are always giving her the preference.
 
 
Example two: "Oh!" said Lydia stoutly, "I am not afraid; for though I am the youngest, I'm the tallest."
 
3. Ms. Elizabeth is a dynamic character. She has changed throughout the whole story. Her mind has changed extremely towards Mr. Darcy.
4. After reading this story it made me want to read it again. I love the old romantic stories. I think it is a girl thing.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment