My MASTER PIECE

Well I am senior at Ernest Righetti High School. This is my last year of being forced to do something that I am not interested. After this I will be able to do whatever I want and enjoy. Which is to attend cosmetology at Paul Mitchel. At first that wasn't even on my mind. As a kid many of us would say a pro this or that. Which is awesome if you want to still do it and are very talented if you make it and I hope who ever wants this accomplishes it. I have changed my mind so many times as i was growing up like; a chef, a baker, a police officer, a doctor, a clinic forensic psychologist. Something that makes a lot of money. But later on in my life I received amazing advice from my father. Which was "Do something that makes you happy. Not that makes a lot of money." Which I sat there to take it in and I realized he was right. He continued and asked me, "Would you rather do something you love and enjoy and doesn't even feel like you're getting paid. Or would you want to dread to go to work and be miserable?" Well that was an obvious answer UMM be happy! Duh! What I came up with was doing hair which I love doing and I do it everyday anyways. Well that is part of my master piece and a part of me.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

VOCAB 3

apostate: a person who renounces a religious or political belief or principle.
- Hitler killed a lot of Jews for their APOSTATE.
effusive: expressing feelings of gratitude, pleasure, or approval in an unrestrained or heartfelt manner.
- I am EFFUSIVE after this vocab test. impasse: a situation in which no progress is possible, esp. because of disagreement; a deadlock.
- Sometimes there are IMPASSE.
euphoria: a feeling or state of intense excitement and happiness.
- I was EUPHORIA when I passed my drivers test.
lugubrious: looking or sounding sad and dismal.
- My boyfriend can always tell when I am LUGUBRIOUS.
bravado: a bold manner or a show of boldness intended to impress or intimidate.
- The girl was BRAVADO when she went on stage to preform.
 consensus: general agreement.
- My parents had CONSENSUS about my living arrangements.
dichotomy: a division or contrast between two things that are or are represented as being opposed or entirely different.
- The teacher told the students to tell the DICHOTOMY between the characters in the story.
 constrict: make narrower, esp. by encircling pressure.
- The workers had to start all over to CONSTRICT the hall ways at school.
Gothic: of or in the style of architecture prevalent in western Europe in the 12th–16th centuries, characterized by pointed arches, rib vaults, and flying buttresses, together with large windows and elaborate tracery.
-They're some people who represent GOTHIC.
punctilio: a fine or petty point of conduct or procedure.
-My mom had to do PUNCTILIO on early Monday morning.
metamorphosis: (in an insect or amphibian) the process of transformation from an immature form to an adult form in two or more distinct stages.
- The worm goes through METAMORPHOSIS when it changes to a butterfly.
raconteur: a person who tells anecdotes in a skillful and amusing way.
- One of our subs was raconteur.
sine qua non: an essential condition; a thing that is absolutely necessary.
- When you have asthma an inhaler is SINE QUA NON.
quixotic: exceedingly idealistic; unrealistic and impractical.
- Most movies are QUIXOTIC.
vendetta: a blood feud in which the family of a murdered person seeks vengeance on the murderer or the murderer's family.
- VENDETTA was the main problem in Romeo and Juliet.
non sequitur: a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.
- I cant stand when people NON SEQUITUR.
mystique: a fascinating aura of mystery, awe, and power surrounding someone or something.
- Old antique stores always have MYSTIQUE things.
quagmire: a soft boggy area of land that gives way underfoot.
- Swamps are known for QUAGMIRE.
parlous: full of danger or uncertainty; precarious.
- I always get a rush when I do stuff that are PARLOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment